Katie’s observations and stories from her home base
A few months of 2012 were financially uncertain and deeply painful for me. Not knowing that the money situation would resolve itself quickly, I went on spending lockdown.
During that time, I made myself feel better by subsisting on lunches of chips and guacamole, with ice cream for dessert. For entertainment, I rented free videos at the public library. I was delighted to find the entire series of Gilmore Girls, a show that other friends had loved and I’d never seen.
In those few months, I tore through the series and many junk food containers. This life chapter taught me that no matter how scary my circumstances, I could take care of myself and find alternate means to happiness. I drew inspiration from Lorelai and Rory Gilmore, who were living the same lesson every day, and I developed a special fondness for the show as a result. (more…)
10. No one “feels sorry for” Rosie O’Donnell? Well, no. She just got the laugh of a lifetime.
9. Beginning January 1, 2017, and for the rest of Barack Obama’s life, I’m taking a tour of the world’s golf courses. I’d like to meet the guy.
8. Hillary Clinton has been fighting ISIS her entire adult life. ISIS was barely anything before Hillary Clinton became Secretary of State and the group started multiplying like the Gremlins. By this logic and under this calculus, Hillary Clinton is approximately twenty-five years old.
7. HRC: Our next Zingermaker in Chief.
6. The #1 reason Donald Trump won’t release his tax returns: he doesn’t want us to find out that his temperament is his single greatest asset. (more…)